Video: Curtis on Angie Martinez (2/25/09)



Here is part of the Angie and 50 convo...


Curtis: We gotta improvise, we can’t keep it to what hip-hop was traditionally. The formats are changing. We use to have to rely on BET and MTV to be seen and heard. Now the web is taking over that. The #1 video on BET I believe is being played 6 times a week. So we’re spending a million dollars on that, for what? How strong can those impressions be?

Angie: I thought you were publishing it? [Tia's book]
Curtis: I know the guy that’s publishing it but I’m not publishing it.. I hope I put her in the right space with the people that are publishing it.
Angie: So you have no financial interest in Tia’s book?
Curtis: Well, of course, when you put people together, you want a piece..
Angie: The king of the financial interest in rap beefs, that’s your new title.

Curtis: You set Cam’ron up.
Angie: I didn’t tell him to call! He called on his own.
Curtis: It took him months to recover, he just came back. Angie did that to him.
Angie: You were talking about him and he called.
Curtis: I didn’t say nothing about Dipset, he was defending Koch.
..
Curtis: Your show produces bodies for hip-hop.


- C. Rilla

0 comments:

Post a Comment